Saturday, April 17, 2010

Worldly Fun Stuff

Since the Supercenter opened traffic in the parking lot is jammed all the time.  People are so intent on getting the very first parking spot that they jam the whole lane full.  My tactic is to just get my shopping done and get out.  So I park in the back of the lot and, walking in at a normal pace, I get in before all the people parking up close.  What makes it worse is that 4 different groups will load groceries into their cars and instantly want out at the same time.  So they begin backing out.  What a hassle.

The best part is I might start working there.  My wife is pushing from inside for somebody to give me a call.  Makes sense monetarily even if Walmart pays less than the church.  Like earning 12/hr for 20 hours is the same as working 40 hours at 6/hr so if Walmart paid 9/hr then I'd be money ahead over the 40hour week.

  I'm trying to be productive here whilst the hubub is out of the house.  I'm painting some inside trim and front door and touchup stuff.  But I rented a couple of action films to watch that would've been too disruptive.  Braveheart I watched this morning before returning it.  What a long movie that was and it was a challenge eating toast and cereal while spears were going through people's heads.  Ever seen Braveheart?  I recommend it.  The main storyline is historically accurate overall so its not like watching something made up.  Getting the time frame in my head is thought provoking to say the least.  I'm accustomed to reading ancient stories and history.  So when you watch a movie portray Scotland in 1230AD and look how primitive life is portrayed and even how Edinburgh may have looked then you realize that even that is one thousand two hundred years after the death of Christ.  Sort of gives me an appreciation for how well preserved the bible is compared to any documents coming out of Scotland in 1230AD.  Its supernatural in fact.

Oh what do you think of the Icelandic volcano?  You know there are a lot of events happening right now but next time someone decides to launch a volcano they should at least name it something easy like we do hurricanes.  Volcano Betsy is much easier to pronounce than Volcano Eyjafjallajokull!  Sheesh.  Volcano Sheesh is another easy name to pronounce.
Take that global warming believers and think about it.
Give it a ticket!  Fine it a bazillion dollars for pollutin'. 
Tell it not to erupt until it has earned more carbon credits.

  Hears the faith lesson in all of this:

  • In the last 365 days we have seen a volcano ground all the planes of the European Union.
  • The earth shook half an island and reduced it to rubble.
  • The earth shook the southern tip of South America causing infrastructure to collapse like a child's playthings.
  • Tsunami waves washed ashore thousands of miles away.
  • Earthquake in northern Mexico causing a little confusion
  • Submarine earthquake off the coast of Honduras plus an earthquake on the mainland of Honduras wrecking roads and disrupting day to day lives.
  • A plague launching out of Mexico called H1N1.
  • A very lovely fireball meteor landing and not hurting anything but reminding us all that we don't know where everything is in space.
With one exception, the virus, insurance companies are left with no other terminology other than calling them Acts of God.  It isn't their statement of belief necessarily they just have to fill out a form and put something on the blank line.

This is a quote of something, an event, that is still to happen in the future, that was dictated to a man named Ezekiel.  It hasn't happened yet but you can see now that it is possible from just what I wrote above and what you catch on the news about world events. 

"When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD." This isn't even the final battle just a warmup.  Ezekiel 39 then describes the drunken feast of the animals that normally clean up roadkill.

To Steven Hawking and Richard Dawkins and others likeminded I say "A fool says in his heart there is no God."

No comments: