Saturday, August 29, 2009

Story Time


One of the remarkable things about my brain is that it even works at all. It is limited in its capacity to concentrate when there are other distractions in the room. Just today was another reminder that the whole planet wants to make war as soon as I decide to curl up with a good book on the sofa. Here's a simulation of what it is like for me to try to read. In fact I told my wife this very thing and she didn't hear me. Here now is what it is like for me to read with distractions in the room:


"He raised his spear as the dragon's tail
He raised his spear as the dragon's tail
He raised his spear as the dragon's tail "What? I don't know where your other shoe is!"
He raised his spear as the dragon's tail swept across
"let's see" his spear as the dragon's tail sw "Try looking under the kitchen table. Yeah you have to get down low to the floor I know its a toughy to do that but BEND AT THE WAIST LOW and look"
the dragon's tail swept across the cave flo "No its not by me! Hey would you put that load of laundry in the dryer when it finishes!"
He raised his spear as the dragon's tail swept across the cave floor
"Okay drive carefully honey have you got plenty of dragon...I mean gas in the car?"
floor. Chenal watched in horror as the only man she ever lov "No I don't have much just $7 will that be enough? Sorry you can ask your mother if she has more." only man she ever loved was now in the cross hairs of the beast."


This was only a story line I made up to illustrate my point but if you'd like to elaborate let's collaborate by using the comment feature. Type!

No comments: